Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mechanic Setback 1

Well it looks like I'm going to need to rebuild my core mechanic. Initially I had hoped to do something interesting by assigning different skill levels to different die types, Level 0 = 1d4, Level 1 = 1d6, Level 2 = 1d8 up to Level 5 = 1d20. Unfortunately this system has proven a bit of a bust, the high probability that I initially wanted proves to be more of a problem than an asset. This occured when I actually played the game with the 5 Daring Point pool that was to be the norm. I ended up burning through all 5 of those daring points in a fairly standard combat with 4 goons and while I do want these exchanges to be dangerous I want them to be more weighted on the side of the players.

So anyways, my cat doth protest to my typing over my attention giving so I'm signing off for now. Later everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment