Thursday, January 14, 2010

Disheartened but back on track!

After looking at the rules for Starblazer Adventures I have become a little discouraged, it does everything I wanted a Ministry game to do... very well... only in space rather than Steampunk Earth. It put me off more than a little. However I am NOT going to let this get me down, if nothing else I can write up Ministry as a free fan add on and I can focus on Wind Riders

However I have had some new inspiration that may save the "publishable" nature of the product. One involves a more Positivist way of looking at FATE's dice system. Instead of doing like Starblazer and having a +d6 and a -d6 or using those annoying Fudge Dice I've just flipped the whole thing over.

Roll 2d6, add relevant numbers. So far it seems to be working okay but it'll need some play testing. I prefer systems with more addition than subtraction and having Subtraction be a key part of the base Die Roll just rubs me the wrong way.

I think I also want to rework the Skills a little to make the characters feel more "Ministry" than they did before.

Lastly I came up with the Achievements or Daring Deeds! system, a cool little method of advancement that's great for longer term play. No info on that though, gotta protect some ideas afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment