Thursday, December 17, 2009

Daring feats of game design begin here!

Welcome to The Ministry of Secrets Blog, this is where I Peter Steckley, bored Office Administrator by Day, Intrepid Edwardian Adventurer by Night will be sharing my experiences creating my first real Roleplaying Game, The Ministry of Secrets.

The Ministry of Secrets was spawned several years ago when I ran a rather interesting campaign based around Espionage, High Adventure and Low Key Steampunk set in an Alternate History England circa 1910. Even though it only ran for about 6 Sessions it remains to this day one of my best run adventures and one of my most compelling setting creations, hence why it was one of my first choices when creating an entirely custom Roleplaying Game for use with it.

The basis of the system is not wholly original, I'm using the framework of the FATE 3.0 Open Game License system as utilized in brilliant works such as John Wicks "Houses of the Blooded" and Evil Hat Productions "Spirit of the Century". I've switched a lot of stuff around but we'll get to that later.

I'm going to be writing about as much of the design process as feels right for the time being, if I ever get it to the point of being publishable I'll be sure to share my experiences with that as well.

Anyway, ciao for now my non existant readership!

... To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment